Monday 23 March 2009

Dutch Dare Challenge #40

There' s a fab sketch for this week's Dutch Dare Challenge...which I thought I had followed...until I started writing this post and took another look at it! lol I'd left the sentiment off deliberately (as I'm not sure what this will be used for), but I can now see I've also missed off the circular element behind the flowers! doh! It's too late to add it, as I can't think of a way of adding it without taking the whole card apart, so I'm not sure if it still count for the challenge...nevermind! (Note to self...pay closer attention to the sketches in future!)

My main image is a Sugar Nellie stamp ('MacBeth'), and the papers are all by BasicGrey (from the 'Sultry' pad) - the plain ones have been embossed with the 'Perfect Paisley' and 'Textile' Cuttlebug folders, then I've rubbed over the embossing with a fluid chalk ink pad to highlight the detail, and give a slightly distressed look. The flowers are from Poppicrafts, and I've used a piece of lace from Hobbycraft in place of the long scalloped edge at the bottom.

7 comments:

  1. Fab card Helen!love those paper's and that lace is gorge.hugs amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cute card Helen - fab image and papers. I have to smile .. I so often scribble down a sketch, make the card and then look again at the sketch and think .... oops! Fab card whatever!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Helen this card is precious - love the colours and he lace
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous card Helen.

    hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, love the SN image and the papers look beautiful. Love the lace as well looks really pretty.
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. goegeous card.
    I love the beautifull coloured papers and sweet image.
    Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.

    xoxo karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x