Wednesday 14 June 2023

ABC Christmas Challenge - L & M are for?

It's the second Wednesday of a new month, so that means it's time for a new ABC Christmas ChallengeCarol is the host, and the themes are:

'L is for Lots of Layers'
&

'M is for Mice'

The prize on offer for one lucky winner is this set of Altnew stamps:


For my 'L is for Lots of Layers' card, I used a Hunky Dory image called 'Trimming the Tree'...stamping it on to watercolour apper, and colouring it using watercolour pencils. I paired it with papers from the 'Jolly Santa' pad from The Works...distressing the edges a little, and adding some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.


The mouse on my 'M is for Mice' card, is 'XMouse Ornament' by Penny Black. I stamped him directly on to a kraft card blank, then coloured him using watercolour pencils before adding a touch of sparkle to his snowflake using some Stickles. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Wintertime Messages' set by Hero Arts.


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Helen, I LOVE this scene! Such cute critters, and they're doing a wonderful job with their tree - it's like the Wind in the Willows! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really sweet CAS Christmas card Helen, thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen this is an absolutely gorgeous card, and perfect for our theme at We Love Stamping
    Blessings
    Maxine WLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my fave stamps and it looks beautiful on the kraft. Great CAS card. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable little mouse. I love the sparkle on the snowflake. Brilliant one-layer card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen you certainly have used a lot of layers. But they all look so nice together. The little mouse is precious. Thank you for linking up with us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've built up the layers so beautifully on the layered card, Helen and I love how the patterns go together. You've stolen my heart though with the oh so cute mouse card. Beautifully coloured and beautifully CAS!
    Hope you are well,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all those layers of patterned paper. It makes a very festive christmas card.
    Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers. Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x