Saturday 18 September 2021

Guest Designer - Christmas Card Throwdown


A few weeks ago, I was picked as the lucky winner of a Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge, and asked to be a guest designer for their challenge this week, where the theme is:



Now, I will admit that this theme had me totally stumped...despite my 'comprehensive' stamp collection, I had no suitable stamps, and the only patterned peper in my stash with 'things in jars' on was very obviously meant for Halloween crafting, not Christmas, so I drew myself a jar shape on some watercolor paper, and stamped a cute Lili of the Valley image (called 'Red Squirrels Christmas Tree') inside it. I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, then carefully cut around the jar outline, before adding some Baker's twine aroun the neck of the jar. I used papers from the 'Chalkbord Christmas' pad by Craftwork Cards for the background, distressing the edges a little and adding some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen.


For more inspiration from the wonderful Design Team members, please pop over to the Christmas Card Throwdown. Thanks for having me ladies! 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your guest designer spot, Helen! I'm thrilled with your creativity and that you found a way to turn my challenge into something absolutely awesome! Thank you so much for being such a great support this week at 52CCT! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. quelle adorable carte Helen, merci d'ĂȘtre notre guest designer cette semaine, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card with a Jar you made :-)) I like the scene in!
    I love that you are our GDT this week at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x