Friday 10 July 2020

Snowy Winter Nights

I have a couple of Christmas cards to share today...made using my 'Snowy Winter Nights' stamp by Hero Arts. I couldn't decide whether to stamp on white or kraft card, so made one of each!


I stamped on to snippets of white and kraft card using Versamark Ink, then heat embossed the image using 'Midnight Dream' embossing glitter from WOW...it's a beautiful mix of navy and black with flecks of many other colours mixed in...so pretty, but impossible to photograph! I added a sentiment (from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous), then distressed the edges a little, matting each panel on to a snippet of navy pearlised card, distressing those edges too, before adding them to my card blanks.



Challenges for these cards:

13 comments:

  1. I love these. The blues are absolutely beautiful. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the heat emobossed background looks wonderful ! Thanks for joining our "Embossing" Challenge this week @ Little Red Wagon. Hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful cards: very beautifully made! Thank you for participating in Aud Sentiments! We hope you'll join again next time! Kind regards, Deezy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards love the Blue thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Christmas cards - I love that Hero Arts image and it is gorgeous in that sparkly blue! I love both of your takes! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegant image, Helen! Your cards are lovely, isn't it interesting how a different technique can make the same image look so different? Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft, too!

    Love, Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards - I love that stamp!
    My favourite is the first...

    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for CHNC
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Helen. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of them. The effect on kraft paper isjust as stunning as the white!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful christmas cards.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and simple! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x