Tuesday 14 July 2020

Big Butterflies

I have a couple of cards to share today, inspired by the 'Butterflies' theme of this month's Twofer Challenge. I have several butterfly stamps and dies in my collection, but went with my favourite...'Big Butterfly' by IndigoBlu. 


On the first card, I used Distress Inks (Chipped Sapphire, Broken China, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Festive Berries) to stamp an almost rainbow on to watercolour paper - I didn't really leave myself space for violet! I simply stamped a sentiment (from the 'Everyday Sentiments' set by Happy Little Stampers) over the top in black, then trimmed the edges of the panel so that it would fit on a DL card blank. I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.


For my second card, I stamped the butterfly just once on to watercolour paper using Versamark Ink, then heat embossed it using 'Midnight Dream' embossing powder by WOW. I watercoloured the butterfly using 'Chipped Sapphire' and 'Black Soot' Distress Inks, then, once it had dried, splattered more of the same inks over the top. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Sketched Flowers' set by Simon Says Stamp, and is heat embossed in 'Metallic Gold Sparkle' embossing glitter from WOW.


Challenges for these cards:

13 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Love your beautiful butterfly! The multicolored card is stunning! Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to make a rainbow!!!! Gorgeous cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful creations, Helen!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Both cards are just AMAZING & BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Helen, that's my favorite slimline card I've seen yet! It definitely looks like rainbow colors to me and I just love how gorgeous it looks with the closeup view of that incredible butterfly image! I also love the image colored magnificently in blue and black on your distressed thinking of you card! The schplatters finish it perfectly. Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #29! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can easily see why that butterfly is your favorite, Helen. He's absolutely magnificent! Such a lovely slimline birthday card in that fun rainbow array of colors. Someone is going to love finding this in their mailbox! And your 'thinking of you' card is stunning! I'm loving the rich blue and the glitter you've used here. Beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards! I especially like the card you shared with us at Inkspirational, it’s beautifully colored and it’s a classy and timeless design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting card, butterfly is beautiful.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards
    Danka
    TTCRD
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favourite butterfly stamps. Love the rainbow design, very creative xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved how you did the butterflies on your slimline card. Just gorgeous. I love the rich blue you used on your second card. Stunning

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helen--Had to come say congratulations on your well-deserved win at Twofers! I'm totally in love with the rainbow card, but both are just beautiful! Hope you're well, Greta

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic win at Twofer, congrats! Job well done, and beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x