Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Favourite Five Christmas Cards of 2014


My lovely bloggy buddy Debby is encouraging us to share our favourite five Christmas cards of the year again. I love doing this...there's wonderful inspiration to be had from browsing everyone's favourite creations! I went back through all of this year's cards...and here's my selection (click any of the photos to go to the original post for full details of products/techniques):

I'm calling this one 'Watery Snowflake Swirl'...I experimented with stamping with water on a very inky background...and love the effect it created:


My second card was also a bit of an experiment...and was probably the quickest card I made all year! Simply a thumbprint with a little doodling to make this reindeer:


The next one is a bit more 'me' with a cute Penny Black image, pretty papers, some distressing and stitching:


And another Penny Black card...this time in a more CAS style...just love the colours on this one...and of course the cute little snowman:


My final card is a really recent one...and again is not my typical style...for a start the only stamped element is the sentiment! I've been slowly accumulating a collection of dies and used lots of them to create this scene:


If you want to join Debby and share your favourite Christmas cards from the year, you can find her post here.

Before I go, I'd just like to wish all of my lovely blog visitors a very Merry Christmas!


7 comments:

Janette van Otterlo said...

Lovely collection!
Grtz Janette

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous selection of Christmas Cards.
Thank you for joining in with My Favourite Five Christmas Cards.
luv
Debby

Sandra H said...

Beautiful selection Helen and your Christmas cake looks yummy!! hope you had an enjoyable time x

She King said...

Lovely selection and your cake looks scrummy...xx

Viv's Visuals said...

Great set of cards Helen - and the reindeer one made me smile!

Desire Fourie said...

Helen this is a stunning series of Christmas designs and such a wonderful reflection of your awesome creative talent. Thank you so much for sharing them. Also wishing you a 2015 filled with tons of love and happiness xxx
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Wendy said...

Fabulous selection of cards, all so gorgeous.
Wendy xx