Tuesday 19 June 2012

High Hopes Challenge - Guest Designer

Last week, I was picked as the lucky winner of the High Hopes Challenge...and in addition to winning my choice of stamp, I was asked to guest design for this week's challenge, where the theme is:

'Nature'

Now, I only have a few High Hopes stamps...mainly Christmas and Hallowe'en...so I had to think a little outside the box, and used my 'Beary Good Friends' stamp to create a wintry scene with them walking through a forest. irst, I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, then carefully cut it out. For the background, I started by embossing some light blue Core'dinations card with my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder...then sanded over the raised areas to make it look like a snowy sky. I cut some trees from various shades of green card using a Marianne Designs die, then lightly sanded the edges, and attached them to the card between a couple of pieces of torn white card for the snowy ground, before adding the image.


For more inspiration from the fabulous design team team, pop over to the High Hopes Challenge - thanks so much for having me this week girls!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Helen, lovely image and fabulous embossed background

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Congratulations Helen and your card is gorgeous:)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a sweet little scene .. love the cute trees
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a little cutie Helen - just gorgeous
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card and love that cute bear! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. tehhehhee great fun card Helen and congrats on your Guest spot! hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x