Wednesday 18 April 2012

ABC Christmas Challenge - H is for...

Woo-hoo...it's time for a brand new ABC Christmas Challenge...and Samantha is our host...with a theme of:

'H is for Hardware'
Feature something metal on your project

Our very own Lacey is the sponsor for this challenge, with her wonderful Stamp & Create Store


The prize is a whopping $25 gift certificate to spend at Stamp & Create!


Wowee!!!


Not only do we have a fabulous challenge this fortnight, but we're looking for some new playmates, and are holding a DT call on this challenge...so if you like fancy joining our happy little family, make sure you check out the post over on the ABC Christmas Challenge...but not yet...I haven't shown you my card!

I've used a little stamp from the 'Jolly Friends' set by Penny Black...which I coloured using watercolour pencils. I embossed the background using my Sizzix/BasicGrey 'Snowglobe' & 'Powdered Sugar' folders...making a scalloped border using my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamonds' punch. For my 'hardware'...I attached a little 'Joy' charm using twine from the Ribbon Girls.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, and to find out more about the DT call, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

28 comments:

  1. Gorgeously elegant. Love the birdie.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, I am really glad to be 1 of several visitants on this awful site : D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous embossing on this, so pretty.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful card - love your choice of song - I always think robins look so cute on Christmas cards - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 68 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card hunny! totally love it so cute and C&S too! hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is this. Love the way that your image really pops off the white and your little charm is a sweet accent.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sweet bird and all that delish embossing make one super fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card!! I love CAS layout and the awesome embossed background!! I forgot to post about the DT call...need to edit my post!! {Hugs}!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely simple Christmas card with fab embossing. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Helen :-) such a cute image and the CAS style is lovely :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x
    thanks for joining us on the TPC xx :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow♥WOW♥wow! what a superbly designed and constructed white-on-white card! the embossing really *MAKES* this... but then you've got a gorgeously colored image and that sweet charm AND the fabulous scalloppy border. perfection in every detail! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this adorable little bird and the embossing behind him!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute little Robin, lovely with all the embossing.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cutie! Love the embossing and - unusual for me - the "JOY" charm as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cutie! Love the embossing and - unusual for me - the "JOY" charm as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. totally gorgeous so elegant and classy
    love it
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the cute little robin,your card looks so clean and crisp just like snow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous, love the little joy charm

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the embossed background and that sweet little charm ... so glad you got sketchy with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is absolutely gorgeous, Helen...love that little birdy. Thank you for your comments, and warm welcome to the PBSC.

    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations....Your card is super dee duper amazing!!!!

    wedding cards

    ReplyDelete
  23. Helen, it's so cute, I love it! hugs, Miria xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the clean design of this card, and still there are plenty of pretty details to find! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Helen - love the robin, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Simple and sweet, Helen. I love your card. Thanks for joining us at CYP this week.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  27. gorgeous card, i love it, though a little too early for me to be reminded of xmas. thanks for joining in over at CYDA

    hugs

    nat x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x