Thursday, 5 May 2011

Little Star

I'm going all Christmassy today with 'Little Star', a Lili of the Valley cutie. I coloured him with watercolour pencils, and used my Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' and Snowflakes' folders, and a Papermania border folder to emboss plain white card. I lightly distressed the edges, added a Lili of the Valley sentiment (embossed in silver), and a few snowflakes cut using  Marianne Designs and Cuttlebug dies. For a touch of sparkle, I gave a generous coating of 'Crystal' Stickles to the snowflakes and fur trim on the bear's hat.


Challenges for this card:

10 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

oh I love white textured cards and this is a sweetie
Hugs Kate x

Hazel said...

Gorgeous card - I love all the white embossing and you've used such a cute image. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 18 - hope to see you again soon. x

jules said...

Hi Helen love it! gorgeous!!

maddy hill said...

Oh what a sweetie he is !
love the embossing - thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week xxx
hugs maddy x

Kerry Steger said...

Helen,
I love this card - all that white space is just stunning and I love the way the bear just pops!! Thanks for playing along with CSAYL this week!!

Craftyanny said...

Gorgeous card Helen, beautiful image too and you've coloured him perfectly.
Thanks for joining us on Totally Papercrafts and good lcuk
Anne x

Samantha said...

So cute, love all the embossing and the cute Lili image too! hugs Samantha :0)

MacKenzie said...

Such a sweet card - I love it! I'm SO glad you played along with us at Christmas Stampin All Year Long. Hope to see you back next week :-)

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card Helen, love the cute bear.
luv
Debby

Gry said...

Lovely card! The stamp is so cute and I love the glitter and embossing!
Thanks for joining SS&S this week!
Hugs, Gry!