Wednesday, 21 April 2010

ABC Christmas Challenge - I is for...

It's Jayne's turn to host the ABC Christmas Challenge this week...and the theme is:

'I is for Ice'

And her 'optional extra' is 'Snowflakes'


We are sponsored this week by Stitchy Bear Stamps...who are very generously offering the winner their choice of 3 items from their store.

The DT are all working with images provided by Stitchy Bear stamps too this week...the one I chose to use is called 'Welcome'...isn't he cute!? I decided to make an acetate card...as I thought it would look kind of 'icy'. I simply embossed the front panel using my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder, and then adhered my watercoloured snowman to the front, placing a Nestie shape on the inside behind him on which to write the greeting.


Make sure you stop by the ABC Christmas Challenge for more inspiration from my fab DT buddies.

7 comments:

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh Helen, this card is amazing. I will definitely give this a go. I love it so. hugs xo Jackie

Annie said...

wow Helen! what a stunning card, I love the embossed acetate and that snowman is so cute!
hugs, annie x

Delphine said...

Amazing card, Helen! I love the acetate for the icy touch and your snowman is beautifully coloured! Thank you for your lovely comment, I really had a great time with you all and will keep watching :-) Hugs Delphine xx

Kaz said...

Stunning! Your embossed acetate look brilliant. Fab card!
Hugs
Kaz xx

Samantha said...

lovely card hunny I love the Acetate! looks sooooo frosty, a very clilly too! that snowman is sooooo cute! thanks for posting your acceptance card and your soooo welcome to your card! too!

PS I know you are coming but my just so excited to be getting your card too! YAY! :0)

stitchy said...

Helen, that is so cool how you did that, being new at all this, everytime I see something like this, it just amazes me at the talent out there...you are so Blessed..thank you for using my image and making it look so good..

stitchy xoxox

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Helen :-) the embossed acetate looks fantastic ! very cute image too :-)

luv
Lols x x x