Wednesday 7 April 2010

ABC Christmas Challenge - H is for...

It's my turn to set the theme for the ABC Christmas Challenge...and I've chosen:

'H is for Holly'

My 'optional extra' is a sketch...which you can see on the right.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Simon Says Stamp...who are very generously giving the winner of this challenge a $15 spending spree in their store!

The image I've used on my card is from the 'Christmas Critters' set by Penny Black, and all the papers I've used are from the 'Eskimo Kisses' collection by BasicGrey (a mixture of 12x12 and 6x6 sheets). I embossed the reverse of some of the sheets using my 'Snowflakes' and 'Snow Dots' Cuttlebug folders...sanding the raised areas on the red to reveal the detail. The sentiment stamp is by Paper Makeup, the snowflakes were cut using a Cuttlebug die, and the ribbon is form Poppicrafts. I distressed all of the edges using an emery board and my distressing tool.

I'm also going to enter this card into a couple of other challenges:

Bah Humbug! - 'Embossing'
Pollycraft - 'Anything Goes'

Don't forget to check out the fabulous cards by the rest of the ABC Christmas Challenge design team.

10 comments:

  1. Fab card Helen and a great sketch. I love that puddy cat and great embossing.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Helen, wow you've been so busy since i last visited. I am loving all the cards you've been making, they are all simply stunning, love this sketch at the ABC christmas challenge absolutely brilliant! hope you have a nice day hunny hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab Helen, love the papers and the image is adorable. Hugs Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby Sketch Helen loved using it!
    Thanks!! I love what you have done with it too! love the PB image you have used I forgot about that one! GREAT papers too! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby card Helen - the sanding of the embossing really makes it pop. Thanks for joining in with our challenge and good luck in the prize draw.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, everything about is just perfect. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Helen, I love your cuttling especially the sanding which shows the pattern even better.

    A so cute and adorable image

    Thank you so much for entering our latest challange.

    luv
    irene
    Bah!Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOOoooooooooooooh I love the sketch and the way you have used it. Think I will have to have a go at this one - so cool.
    Ann xx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh such a gorgeous card Helen. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at Pollycraft. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely Helen and very holly - fied. Love the sketch even though I didn't use it for mine. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x