Saturday 6 March 2010

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Black, White & Shades of Grey

The theme for this week's Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, set by our old DT buddy Gina, before she left us, is:

'Black, White & Shades of Grey'

I have to admit to being rather scared of this challenge...I love using colour...and rarely use just black & white on my cards...so this took me way out of my comfort zone! lol

After a fruitless search for some suitable papers...I had to admit defeat and make some of my own, stamping with a white chalk inkpad on to black and grey card for a subtle background. All of the stamps I've used are from the CCSR 'Doodles' set by Papermania...and I heat embossed the large butterfly in white on black, to really make it stand out. I distressed all of the edges...don't seem to be able to stop myself from doing that lately, and added some small adhesive black pearls to the scalloped frame.


The rest of the design team have done great job with these colours...you can check out their cards here...and also find out if you're the lucky winner of last month's prize! :0)

16 comments:

  1. So beautiful Helen. Love the stamped background

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Helen and your stamped background and butterfly are brilliant...sorry about deleting the last two comments blogger is doing something very funny with my posting...hope this one works :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Helen, the distressing looks fab and i just adore that butterfly
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Love the colours and design.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Helen!!! I love the layout, and the colors you used on your card!!!

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen love the stamped DP's very inventive B/fly realy stands out great take on the chall.

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helen, well done for designing your own papers,they look fab...
    I also have these stamp's, must dust them off...
    I love the Butterfly and distressing...I am also into distressing in a big way at the mo...

    Fab card!!!
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely Helen very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely Helen very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a fabulous card! I love it!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Helen, the embossing here looks stunning!

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Helen, the embossing here looks stunning!

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Flipping heck hunny I am out of action for a few days and look at you go! fantastic selection of cards I will try to leave a comment on all! this one is fantastic! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x