With the additional challenge of including a handmade flower on our cards...eek!
I've made a few flowers using Nesties before, so I thought I try something a bit different. I tore the piece of Japanese silk paper into 4 strips (roughly 4cm wide), then folded them like a concertina and joined them together. I then stitched through the bottom of each fold, so that when I pulled the cotton tight, it held it's shape. I then sewed a button in the centre, to cover the join. I mounted the flower on a couple of Nestie shapes embossed with the Cuttlebug 'D'Vine Swirls folder, with the feather behind...it's supposed to look like a leaf! As the flower rather dominates the card, I've kept the rest of it really simple, adding a sentiment (from the 'Circular Greetings' set by Woodware), mounted on Nestie shapes, with the glittery brad from my 'kit' in the centre.
As the flower is huge...I'm going to enter this card for the Daring Cardmakers Challenge, where the theme this week is 'Supersize me'!