Saturday 21 February 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge 37

The theme for this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge is 'Get Well Soon', and I'm sure that at this time of year, we probably all know someone who's feeling a little under the weather. Stealing an idea from a couple of my favourite bloggers, Jo and Tara, I've used a Christmas stamp ('Xmouse Ornament!') for my image, masking off the snowflake before I stamped it, then adding a couple of Prima flowers in it's place. The paper is by Sandylion, the sentiment stamp is by Personal Impressions, and the lace is from Hobbycraft. I ran the blue panel through the Cuttlebug, with the 'Perfect Paisley' folder, then rubbed over the surface with my Versamark pad to highlight the detail, and then added a few adhesive pearls to the corners to finish it off.

12 comments:

  1. Lovley card Helen, love how you have doctored!!! the image. The papers and flowers look gorgeous.
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgoeus card Helen, love this cute image and pretty lace ~ great work hun.
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous card Helen.

    hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh--I love your color scheme. I would have never thought to put a flower over the snowflake on that stamp, but it's super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and fab idea to use the flower! Love your soft colour scheme. Thankyou so much for joining us this week on pbsc
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Helen - gorgeous card and great idea masking mousie - makes this stamp v versatile. Love your papers and colour combo too. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice card. Love all the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Helen! Love the image and colours you have used.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, I love that image!

    Mrs Wonka x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Helen, I love this image and how you have used the flower, great dp´s too. -x-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is beautiful! I love the colours and lace detail! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x