Thursday 12 September 2024

Guest Designer - Seize the Birthday Challenge


Today, I'm excited to share that I'm a Surprise Party Guest at the Seize the Birthday Challenge!

If you're new to their challenges, they have an optional 'Topping' theme, which this fortnight is:



But, if the 'Topping' isn't sparking those creative juices, there's always the option to enter an 'Anything Goes' Birthday card!


When I made my card, I was away from home with limited stash...and without anything suitably stripey! I put my thinking cap on, and decided to try making my own stripes using Distress Inks on watercolour paper. I used masking tape to mask a strip on the watercolour paper, then painted stripes of Distress Ink in varying thickness down the page. Once dry, I removed the masking tape, added a stamped sentiment, using a stamp from the 'Signature Greetings' set by Memory Box, then distressed the edges a little. I picked an image from the 'Cheerful Critters' set by Penny Black...stamping it on to watercolour paper, and colouring it using a mixture of watercolour pencils, and the same Distress Inks I used for the stripes. I carefully cut out the image, then added it on top of the striped panel using 3D foam pads before adding it to a kraft card blank.


For more inspiration, from the fabulous design team, please pop over to the Seize the Birthday Challenge. Thanks for inviting me to your party!

8 comments:

  1. Gosh this is fun Helen - I love your stripes and the adorable critters in the car are so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watercolor stripes turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creativity made a darling card! Those critters are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As preciously mentioned, you did a wonderful job with this Topping and when I saw your card I wanted to CASE it! Thanks for being with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, this is so adorable and a creative way to create your stripes. Thanks for being our Surprise Party Guest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, your thinking cap totally worked! I LOVE your stripes and that cute image with the critters and all the gifts ready to fall out of the car!! So cute and clever! Thanks for being a great Surprise Guest at STB!~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you did the stripes, Helen - great creative thinking! And the cute critters are gorgeous. Great to have you as our surprise party guest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to create the stripes, they look fantastic and I love the colours, perfect with the cute car full of critters, Thankyou for guesting with us at STB, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x