Wednesday 8 November 2023

ABC Christmas Challenge - W & X is for?

It's the second Wednesday of a new month, so that means it's time for a new ABC Christmas Challenge! Lynda is the host, and the themes are:

'W is for Wreath'
&
'X is for XOXO'
(Hugs & Kisses)

The prize for the lucky winner:


For my 'W is for Wreath' card, I used a foliage stamp from the 'Sketchy Sprigs' set by Woodware to stamp a wreath shape on to watercolour paper. I alternated between a couple of different green shades of Distress Ink (Forest Moss & Pine Needles) and used my Tim Holtz stamping platform to keep everything evenly spaced. I then used a couple of the little snowflake stamps from the 'Wintertime Messages' set by Hero Arts to add some snowflakes over the top, heat embossing them using gold embossing powder. I heat embossed the sentiment from the Woodware set in matching gold in the centre of the wreath, then distressed the edges a little, added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug before adding the panel to a kraft card blank.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For my 'X is for XOXO (Hugs & Kisses)' card, I picked a cute hedgehog couple from the 'Christmas Hugs' set by Penny Black...stamping them on to a snippet watercolour paper, colouring them using watercolour pencils, then carefully cutting them out. I made a simple snowy background by stamping my Simon Says Stamp 'Falling Snow' background stamp on to a kraft card blank using Versamark Ink, then heat embossed it using white embossing powder. I added a snippet of white card, having used one of my 'Stitched Hillside Borders' dies (from Lawn Fawn) to cut the wave, along the bottom edge, then popped the hedgies on top using 3D foam pads. The sentiment stamp is from an old Lili of the Valley set.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

14 comments:

  1. Such delightful creations, I really love your wreath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these festive makes. Your wreath stamping and embossing on the first one is terrific, and the cute snow hedgies on the second card are gorgeous.

    Thanks for entering the second card as your Snippets Playground homework. See you up in the treehouse for a nice mug of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows on xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both lovely Helen, love Christmas wreaths so might by my fa and had you not said I would have through that was real machine stitching, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath card is so lovely. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two super cards, Helen. Your wreath is just beautiful and your hedgie card is so cute. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week with your second card.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful festive creation Helen love the wreath also those cute hedgehogs thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beautiful stamped foliage wreath and embossed snowflakes.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have made two beautiful cards Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fabulous cards Helen! I love the wreath and of course, hedgies are great favourites. Our resident 'tribe' of them have gone into semi-hibernation - with all this rain they could even be building an Ark!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great prize. I have that set and love it. Super wreath card. I love, love, love the cute wintery scene too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cute hedgies cosying up in the snow, Helen and the kraft card background is lovely. The wreath card is simply stunning! Just what I'd expect to see in a smart boutique with a large price tag attached!
    Take care,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both your cards are very pretty, love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful creation! Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge October "ATG".Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, congrats 💐 happy day

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x