Friday 27 August 2021

Sketched Flowers

Today's card features one of my favourite stamps...'Sketched Flowers' by Simon Says Stamp. I partially stamped it along the top and bottom edges of a piece of watercolour paper using Versamark Ink, then heat embossed it using gold metallic embossing powder from WOW. I then watercoloured the images lots of Distress Inks (Victorian Velvet, Seedless Preserves, Fired Brick, Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire, Shaded Lilac, Forest Moss, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Pine Needles & Lucky Clover). I made the sentiment using several of the stamps from the 'Go To Words' set by Visible Images, heat embossing each section as I went with more of the metallic gold. I matted the watercoloured panel on to some gold mirror card before adding it to the card blank.


Challenges for this card:

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Helene, those flowers have a Mackintosh feel to them, many thanks for sharing and joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, I love the gold embossing and your colours. I can see why this is a favourite stamp. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at we love Chocolate Baroque this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great design and use of this stamp! I love the gold and beautiful colouring. Thanks for joining us at HLS Watercolour Challenge:) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card.

    Thank you for joining us for the August challenge at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x