Tuesday 8 September 2020

Opulent Baubles

I have another couple of Christmas cards to share today...made using a new (to me) embossing folder by Crafter's Companion called 'Opulent Baubles' It's designed for use in the Gemini, but with some a lot of effort, I managed to figure out how to get it to work in my Cuttlebug. It required replacing the bottom B plate witha shim of four pieces of cardboard, but it worked, and despite some alarming creaking, my Cuttlebug didn't explode! Having figured it out, I used it on two different types of cardstock...firstly a piece of teal Core'dinations card, distressing the edges lightly, and sanding over the raised parts to reveal the design. I added a sentiment (using a stamp from the Woodware 'Festive Circle' set) embossed in metallic silver, then matted the embossed panel on to blue glitter card before adding it to my card blank.


On the second card, I embossed a piece of matte gold card...stamping and embossing the same sentiment in black (to stop it smudging)...and matting it on to red card.


Challenges for these cards:

10 comments:

  1. I foolishly bought one of these folders not knowing that you were only supposed to use them in a Gemini (companies irritate me when they do that - crafting is expensive enough!)- and have never been able to use it - so I will try the 4 pieces of cardboard and thanks for the tip.
    Love both these - but the gold one just shades it as my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely embossing folder on your Christmas card! I love it! So glad you joined us at the Crafter's Cafe for our challenge this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful! How fabulous to find an embossing folder that creates a wonderful Christmas card with almost nothing else necessary! Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing these with us at Penny's!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both beautiful crafted. Thanks for entering your wonderful creations at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card showing what impact a embossing folder can do thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are marvelous! Very elegant Christmas cards! Thanks for participating at MTTC challenge blog! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards and great Christmas sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
    Best Wishes Lisa xx
    craftycard-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both really magnificent designs,

    Thanks for joining in with our Anything goes challenge at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great design! Thanks for joining our ATG challenge at Penny's Challenges. I hope you join us again! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful and elegant card! Thanks for joining us at Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x