Thursday 17 September 2020

Butterfly Cascade

Today's cards feature a new Woodware stamp called 'Butterfly Cascade'. I inked it using Distress Inks (Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Lucky Clover, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire & Dusty Concord), then stamped it on to watercolour paper. Once dry, I inked the stamp again, but with Versamark Ink, stamped over the top, then heat embossed it using 'Kaleidoscope' embossing powder by Stampendous. I added sentiments from the 'Big Messages' set by Paula Pascual, then distressed the edges a little before adding them to kraft DL card blanks.


These are really pretty and sparkly in real life, but so difficut to photograph...I tried with some artifical lights, and this is the best I could get!


Challenges for these cards:

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty stamp and you've used it so well on these lovely cards. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Helen, not one but two Kaleidoscopes of Butterflies and how lovely they look in the rainbow of colours. I know just what you mean about photos and sparkle, although I did manage to pick it up the other day using the new flitter I bought from Lavinia, it's a bit chunkier, depends what you want to use it for really.

    It's lovely to see you at our first challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. And of course I meant glitter, dodgy eyes you see.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so effective! I love the rainbow colors! Thank you so much for joining the Polkadoodles Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is wonderful.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x