Sunday 23 August 2020

Daisy Hedgie

Today's card features one of the hedgies from the 'Wonderful Day' set by Penny Black. I stamped him on to watercolour paper, coloured him using watercolour pencils, then carefully cut him out. I used an embossing folder called 'Crazy Daisy' (by Couture Creations) on a snippet of yellow card to make a simple background...layering it on to a snippet of orange care to echo the colours of the centre of the daisy. I stamped a sentiment (from the 'Big Messages' set by Paula Pascual) on to a die cut speech bubble (cut using a Sizzix die), then added that, along with the hedgie image, to the card using 3D foam pads.


Challenges for this card:

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute hedgie and I love how you colored him!! Great texture behind too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally adorable Helen! Who doesn't love Penny Black hedgies! And, I just had to skip off and find the sentiment set - such a perfect size for speech bubbles. I reckon it's time I culled some of my original sentiment stamps, styles certainly have changed.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x