We have another fun ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...I'm the host, and the themes are:
'L is for Love'
'M is for Movies'
The prize for the lucky winner of this challenge is a 6x6 paper pad, clear stamp set & mini snowflake dies:
For my 'L is for Love' card, I picked a sweet Penny Black image called 'Wishes for Kisses'. I stamped it on to watercolour paper, coloured it using watercolour pencils, then cut it out using one of my circle Nesties. The papers are a mixture of Crate Paper 'Bundled Up' (the pink & green ones), and 'Paper Hearts' (the grey one)...I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. The hearts were die cut using my old Cuttlebug 'Concentric Hearts' die.
I used another Penny Black image, 'Snowy', on my 'M is for Movies' card to represent the animated film 'The Snowman'. I gave Snowy a green hat and scarf, adding some checks to the scarf just like the snowman in the film...along with an orange 'satsuma' for his nose! I simply matted my watercoloured image on to some matching green card...distressing the edges and adding some faux stitching.
I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:
- Christmas Craft Creations - Use a Die Cut (just the first card)
- Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
- Merry Little Christmas - Anything Christmas Goes
- Simon Says Stamp (Wednesdays) - Anything Goes
- The Holly & the Ivy - Anything Christmas Goes
- Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.