Wednesday 6 May 2020

ABC Christmas Challenge - J & K are for?

We have another fun ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Dorte is the host, and the themes this month are:

'J is for Joy'
&
'K is for Kings'

There's a fabulous prize on offer for the lucky winner from Dorte:


On my 'J is for Joy' card I used a cute Simon Says Stamp image called 'Furry Christmas'...stamping it on to watercolour paper, and colouring it using watercolour pencils. I doodled a simple border using a black gel pen, and added a sentiment from the 'Joy to the World' set by Penny Black.


For my 'K is for Kings' card, I stamped my 'We Three Kings' stamp by Penny Black on to navy card using Versamark Ink, then heat embossed it, along with the sentiment from the same stamp set, using 'Metallic Silver' embossing powder by WOW. I matted the panel on to silver mirror card, then on to my navy card blank.


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Great Christmas cards and fun stamps. I love the doggies. Great coloring. The silver embossing is also awesome. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that cat & dog trio, too, and always love seeing them on a card, especially one this cute! And then your kings card is so elegant in silver and navy. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your lovely card. Lisa from Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant Three Kings card Helen - great to see you here and thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pair of cards, Helen. Love the doodled frame and cute doggies on the first and the elegant simplicity of the second.
    Stay well,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. One cute and one very elegant design - love them both.

    Thanks for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards, Helen! The doodled frame amazes me--something I can't do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm back again!

    Thanks for joining us at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog too.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x