We have another fun ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...the themes this month are:
'U is for Upcycle'
'V is for Velocity'
And the prize for the lucky winner:
(Paper pad & Lili of the Valley stamp)
For my 'U is for Upcycle' card, I used the inside of the cover of a Christmas gift guide (from 2010!) as the background for my image.
I paired it with a cute pup from the 'Wintertime Cheer' set by Penny Black, which I stamped on to watercolour paper, and coloured using watercolour pencils. I added a sentiment (from a set by Pollycraft for C. C. Designs), then distressed all of the edges before assembling my card and adding some adhesive pearls.
For my 'V is for Velocity' card, I picked another Penny Black image...this time a snowboarding chicken stamp called 'Snowboard Ride'. I stamped it on to watercolour paper, added in a slope for him to ride down using a black gel pen, then coloured him using watercolour pencils and carefully cut around the top of the image. I made a simple background using a falling snow die from the Tim Holtz/Sizzix 'Winter Wonderland' set and a snippet of navy card. I layered it over a snippet of silver glitter card, then matted it all on to some red glitter card.
Challenges for these cards:
- Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Anything Christmas Goes
- Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
- Everybody Art - Use Dies (Just the second card)
- Pixie's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets (Just the second card)
- Simon Says Stamp (Mondays) - Getting Ready for Christmas
- Simon Says Stamp (Wednesdays) - Anything Goes
- Sweet Stampin' - Distressed (Just the first card)
- The Holly & the Ivy - Anything Christmas Goes
- Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.