Friday 16 August 2019

Urban Butterflies

Today's card features some new (to me) stamps...I picked them up in a charity shop a couple of days ago...there was no packaging with them, and their previous owner had separated the butterflies, but I was fairly sure I recognised them as being by Papermania...a quick Google has revealed that I was right...they're simply called 'Butterflies' from the 'Urban Stamps' range. I stamped them on to watercolour paper, then coloured them using watercolour pencils. I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Go To Words' set by Visible Image.


Challenges for this card:

11 comments:

  1. Very petty. Love your colored butterflies. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully coloured butterflies and a lovely card

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely card Helen and your coloring is just beautiful on the butterflies! Love the accent stitching on the sides too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your watercolor butterflies are gorgeous, Helen! What a lucky find! I LOVE how you've colored each one! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your butterfly trio, Helen. Gorgeous designs with beautfiul colours. I love the faux stitiching and the kraft card base. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Helen. Such pretty watercoloured butterflies and the faux stitching had me fooled - thought it was real! Also I'm in awe of your chazzing skills - those stamps were a brilliant find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully coloured and I love those gorgeous butterflies! Great find in Charity shop!! Happy to see you playing at CAS Watercolour:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen,

    I love how wonderfully CAS this is. And the stitching, I somehow never manage to get out my machine.

    Hugs
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card and thank you for taking part in our challenge over at Through the Craft Room Door. Love Amanda (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card with a lovely CAS design. Fab colouring of the butterflies. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  11. so beautiful and full of life.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x