Wednesday 3 July 2019

ABC Christmas Challenge - N & O are for?

It's the first Wednesday of the month, so we have another fun ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Samantha is the host, and we have two lovely themes:

'N is for No Peeking!'
and
'O is for Ornaments'

Samantha has a special birthday later this month...and she is celebrating with us and is very generously offering eight(!!!) prizes for eight(!!!) lucky winners:

I couldn't resist using this adorable Penny Black hedgie image for my 'No peeking!' card...he's called 'Hide-out'...and it's a good job there's not a gift underneath that box! I coloured him using watercolour pencils, then doodled a simple border using a black gel pen. The paper is from the 'Ho Ho Ho Christmas' pad by Polkadoodles, and the sentiment stamp is from a set by Lili of the Valley.


For my 'O is for Ornaments' card, I used an Indigo Blu stamp called 'Connor's Crown Jewels. I stamped it on to a piece of teal card using Versamark Ink, then used 'Sparkling Snow' embossing glitter by WOW around the edge, and 'Metallic Gold Sparkle' embossing glitter (also by WOW) over the centre portion of the image. I trimmed the panel down, then matted it on to a piece of gold glitter card, and then on to a card blank made from the same teal card.


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:

For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. What a very festive pair of cards this month, Helen. Love your elegant ornament card but the cute little hedgie searching for his present steals my heart!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderful card, love the PB image on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute Hedgehog - I can see why you couldn't resist - coloured fabulously.....and love those glittery ornaments. :) :) Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are wonderful makes!! Love the Colours and its a great design on them
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge!
    Hugs CicciTTCRD DT
    ciccividpennan.blogspot.com {Welcome to Visit and Follow my blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful and quite different cards! I love the little peeking hedgehog, and the ornament card is beautifully sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your awesome Christmas project with us in the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog's July "Anything Christmas Goes" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, MLCCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x