Sunday 28 October 2018

O Christmas Tree

I have some more Christmas cards to share today...inspired by one of Kristina Werner's cards from her Holiday Card Series for this year. I loved the effect of the gold embossed tree popping through the dark green watercolouring...you can find Kristina's original card here. I started by heat embossing trees from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set bv Tim Holtz on to watercolour paper using gold embossing powder. I then watercoloured over the top of them using Distress Inks (Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Evergreen Bough, Pine Needles, Iced Spruce & Black Soot), starting with the lightest green in the centre, and working out to black around the edges. I added a few layers of colour, drying in between using my heat gun. I then inked around the edges with some Versamark Ink, and heat embossed them using 'Metallic Gold Sparkle' powder from WOW. I kept the cards really simple, just adding a sentiment from the same stamp set.


Here's a close-up of one of the cards...you can really see the sparkle:


Challenges for these cards:


6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, Helen!!!

    Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a stunning result! Wonderful technique! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are simply gorgeous Helen and I particularly love the embossed edges that frame the tree so beautifully.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Challenge

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Challenge

    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
    http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x