On the first card, I heat embossed the butterfly on vellum using white embossing powder, then carefully cut it out. I made a simple background from a piece of paper (from the 'Paper Hearts' pad by Crate Paper), distressing the edges before adding some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. I added a sentiment (from the 'Big Messages' set by Paula Pascual, then matted it on to a piece of grey card. I added the butterfly off centre, then trimmed it to meet the edge of the card.
I used one of my favourite techniques on the second card...watercolour stamping. I used several shades of blue Distress Inks...Chipped Sapphire, Broken China, Salty Ocean & Tumbled Glass...inking the same butterfly stamp, then spritzing it with water before stamping it on to watercolour paper. I added a sentiment (from the 'Everyday Sentiments' set), then trimmed the panel down to fit a DL card blank. Once again, I distressed the edges and added some faux stitching.
- Allsorts - In the Pink (Just the first card)
- As You Like It - Favourite Pink or Blue (Although I've made one of here in the post...it's the blue one that's most 'me'...I love all shades of blue)
- Fussy & Fancy - Blues (Just the second card)
- Happy Little Stampers (Watercolour) - Anything Goes (Just the second card)
- Stamping Sensations - Close to Nature
- Twofer - Butterflies