Sunday 22 October 2017

Snowy & Sparkly

I have some Christmas cards to share today using some new goodies that I picked up at a newly discovered craft shop yesterday...we stumbled upon it by accident yesterday, and it was a real treasure trove! Among the items I bought was a set of Tim Holtz/Sizzix snowflake dies...I cut all of the snowflakes from snippets of plain white card...then coated them with Versamark Ink, and heat embossed them using some new embossing powders (Vintage Peacock & Under the Sea by WOW). I layered up the snowflakes using 3D foam pads, and then used them to make a couple of clean & simple DL cards. I used the offcut of card from trimming down the A4 card to make the card blank as a background for the snowflakes...distressing the edges a little, and piercing some holes using one of my CutterBee Bugs. I added a Lili of the Valley sentiment, and then matted those on to some co-ordinating coloured card.


It's a really dull day here...but you can just about make out the pretty sparkle of the embossing powders on the snowflakes:



Challenges for these cards:

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, love the sparkly snowflakes :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorjuss. I love Tim Holtz and Sizzix Dies. Great idea to add a little sparkle. I should totally use that one. Thanks for inspiration. Hugs, Keti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creation and those snowflake is really beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Helen. Great design x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, I love the CAS design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen,love these gorgeous cards, so CAS and pretty..
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely set of cards helen thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 356 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful Helen! I adore the sparkly snowflakes and the whole card is such a lovely design. Very elegant indeed.

    Lovely to see you in the snippets playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the prettiest snowflakes I have ever seen, Helen! I didn't want to stop staring at them and I love how you matted your panels!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards, its so nice having new stuff to play with! Thanks for joining us at Crafting with Friends, Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful... Thanxx For Joining Us At Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends Challenge..
    Sherry Lynn
    DT @LPOCF

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x