There's a rather special prize for this challenge...a $30 donation to a charity of the winner's choice!
I had a rummage through all of my sentiment stamps and found a set of 'Kid's Quotes' sayings by Inkadinkado...and picked two of them to use on a couple of cards. Inspired by the colour/rainbow themes of the stamps, I created a watercolour rainbow background using washes of Distress Inks (Fired Brick, Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Lucky Clover, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire & Wilted Violet) on wet watercolour paper. I used two layers...allowing the first to dry before adding the second, then once the second was dry, I splattered water over the top, allowed it to sit for a minute, before patting off the excess using a paper towel, which removed some of the pigment, and creating some texture. I trimmed the panel down, to created two strips, then stamped the quote stamps in the centres using black ink. I added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.
Here are some close-ups of the two cards:
Here are the challenges I've piled on:
- Pile It On! - Quote/Lyric/Saying
- Come & Get It - No Design Paper
- Corrosive - Anything Goes
- Crafting with Friends - Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
- Creative Playground - Anything Goes
- Daring Cardmakers - Stitch It!
- Happy Little Stampers (Watercolour) - Anything Goes
- Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
- Penny's Paper Crafty - Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - Anything Goes
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Pile It On! Challenge.