'Make Your Own Background'
Our sponsor this month is Paper Sweeties:
Prize - a $25 Gift Certificate to the Paper Sweeties store!
I made my background by 'smooshing ' Distress Inks on to watercolour paper. Blues for the sky: Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Broken China, Stormy Sky & Faded Jeans. Greens for the grass: Lucky Clover, Mowed Lawn, Cracked Pistachio & Evergreen Bough. I added a couple of layers...drying with my heat gun before adding the second layer, then splattering with a little water. I used my Lawn Fawn 'Stitched Hillside' border dies to cut the grass, then added a cute little mouse ('Daisy' by Whipper Snapper Stamps), which I coloured using watercolour pencils, then carefully cut out. The clouds were cut using my Memory Box 'Puffy Clouds' dies, and the sentiment stamp is from the 'Anytime Messages' set by Hero Arts.
Here are the challenges I've piled on:
- Pile It On! - Make Your Own Background
- Animal Friends - Summer
- Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
- Crafting with Friends - Anything Goes
- Incy Wincy - Anything Goes
- Love to Scrap - Two of Something (Clouds)
- Simon Says Stamp (Mondays) - Celebrate
- Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Pile It On! Challenge.