'Include a Shaker Element'
Our sponsor this month is Paper Sweeties:
Prize - a $25 Gift Certificate to the Paper Sweeties store!
I picked a cute Penny Black stamp called 'Wishes for Kisses' to use on my card...colouring the image using watercolour pencils. To create my shaker element, I cut an aperture in a piece of white card using the largest of my circle Nesties, then taped a piece of acetate behind it. I attached some 3D foam tape all around the edges, making sure that there weren't any gaps, then placed a mixture of sequins and beads (from Clearly Besotted...the mix I used is called 'Crystal') in the centre. I glued a few sequins to my coloured image...so that there would still be some 'falling snow' when the card in stood up...then attached the image panel behind the aperture sealing all of the sequin mix in place. I then mounted this all on to my card blank.
Here's what it looks like once shaken up:
Here are the challenges I've piled on:
- Pile It On! - Shaker Element
- C.R.A.F.T. - Christmas
- Crafting with Friends - Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - In the Round
- Gem of a Challenge - Animals
- Penny's Paper Crafty - Christmas in July
- Simon Says Stamp (Wednesdays) - Things with Wings
- Simply Create Too - Lots of Sparkle
- Sweet Stampin' - Outdoors