'O is for Overlay'
(Use an acetate or vellum overlay that can be seen through, or even a paper layer that can be lifted to reveal something hidden!)
Our sponsor for this challenge is All Dressed Up:
Prize - 2 Digis of the winner's choice!
I decided to go for a vellum overlay, and tore a strip to stamp and heat emboss my sentiment on (from the 'Merriest Wishes' set by Hero Arts. I made the background panel by 'smooshing' various shades of blue Distress Inks on to some watercolour paper (Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean, Broken China & Mermaid Lagoon)...I did this in a couple of layers, allowing the first to dry before adding the second. I then spritzed some water over the surface, allowed it to sit there for a few seconds, then blotted it off, removing some of the colour. I stamped the snowflakes (a Hero Arts stamp) in Versamark Ink, then heat embossed them using 'Sparkly Snow' WOW embossing powder...it's beautifully sparkly in real life, but rather annoyingly I can never get it to show up in photographs!
I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
- Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - Embossing
- Dream Valley - Christmas in July
- Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
- Sparkle 'N' Sprinkle - Anything Goes with Loose Glitter or Embossing Powder
- Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- WOW - Heat Embossing/Use WOW Products
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.