Our sponsor for this month's challenges is Doodle Pantry:
Prize - 3 digital images of the winner's choice!
I dug out an old (at least 20 years old!) set of watercolour paints, and used those to create my card. I started by stamping and heat embossing a butterfly (from the 'Social Butterflies' set by Penny Black) and sentiment (from the 'Fabulous Birthday' set by Hero Arts) in black on watercolour paper. I coloured the butterfly using yellows, oranges and reds, then allowed that to dry before adding several washes of different blues to the background (allowing them to dry in between). Finally, I splattered the blue paints over the background to add some 'texture'. Once it was all dry, I matted the painted panel on to a piece of white card, then added it to my card blank using 3D foam tape.
Here are the challenges I've piled on:
- Pile It On! - Use Paint (Watercolours)
- Allsorts - Birthday Wishes
- Bunny Zoe's - Things with Wings
- Butterfly Challenge - S is for Stamping and/or Sapphire
- Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - Embossing (The butterfly & sentiment are heat embossed)
- Everybody Art - Use a Technique (Watercolour painting)
- Seize the Birthday - Anything Birthday