Wednesday, 13 February 2013

ABC Christmas Challenge - C is for...

I have another card today for our current ABC Christmas Challenge, where the theme is:

'CASE One of Us'
(CASE = Copy & Selectively Edit) 

We are sponsored for this challenge by:


Prize - 2 Images from the Saturated Canary Shop!

This time I CASED Carissa's card from the U is for Up to You challenge.


I used a different Lili of the Valley James the Bear (shhhh...I cheated and used a pre-coloured die cut, but did add lashings of gold Stickles to his star), but kept the layout (although omitting a sentiment) and colour the same. My papers are from a Kaisercraft set that came free with a craft mag a few months ago...instead of matting them on to red card, I distressed the edges, then added faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen for a little definition.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

8 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A beautiful CAS card Helen. Love the distressed edges on yours.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sandra H said...

Hi Helen, Your card is stunning.....Such a beautiful image and the colouring and papers are stunning too! as always you produce such lovely creations and this is another of them x

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous - isn't red such a fabulous colour! Jo x

Dot said...

Wonderful card with sweet James, I can't believe your stitching are faux,
hugs Dorte

24 hours cafe shops in chennai said...

I like being on the road, living in hotels. While I've got a real nice house, I go crazy when I'm there.Deluxe hotels in chennai !!

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous card!

Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Sparkles Christmas

Hugs Shaz x

Moshie said...

WOW! Very nice! I cannot believe the stitching is not real! You did an awesome job. Thanks so much for joining us at Forever Friends. Hugs and God bless.

Mel X said...

Hi Helen, super sweet card hun - REALLY lovin all that red, gonna be keeping me eye open for those papers -delish!!

Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas. Hope we see you again soon.

Mel X