Friday, 2 January 2009

The Sugar Bowl Challenge #1


The Sugar Bowl Challenge Blog launched yesterday with a fabulous sketch by Tiets. If you're a fan of Sugar Nellie stamps, and haven't yet visited, there are some wonderful cards from the very talented DT members on the blog for you to take inspiration from. I just couldn't resist joining in, but as I'm still away from home, I don't have all of my stash with me. I didn't bring any Sugar Nellie images, but I was lucky enough to receive this gorgeous 'Snowman with present' stamp from my 'Secret Santa' for Christmas...so I decided to use the sketch to get a head start with this year's Christmas cards! lol
I didn't bring any 'Christmas' papers, embellishments or sentiment stamps, but after a quick rummage through the stash I've got here, I managed to find some suitable paper and card. The striped paper is by Scrapbooking Australia ('Story Time - Arthur Stripe'), the plain cardstock was embossed using the 'Swiss Dots', 'Textile Texture', and 'Forest Branches' Cuttlebug embossing folders. The sentiment is from a little set by Studio G (not really Christmassy, but it's the best I can do at the moment!).

I loved working with this sketch, although I feel that my card could do with an embellishment in the top right-hand corner, to balance out the sentiment, but I'll have to sort that out when I'm reunited with the rest of my stash!

11 comments:

Lyndsey Marie said...

Great card love the image which you have coloured fabulously, dont blame you for getting a head start on this years cards. I hate it when you go away and only take a few bits with you, cause you always want something you havent got dont you.

Lyndsey xx

Kathy said...

Fab card and what a great idea!! I should take that hint from you so I won't be scrambling this year (LOL)!! Thanks so much for joining in on the challenge!!
:)Kathy

Sharon said...

Great card Helen. You've done so well for not having your stash with you!
Sharon

Kim Dellow said...

Very sweet card. Lovely. Kim

Tiets said...

a great card you have made with the sketch!

Bev said...

Fab card Helen and it's a briliant idea to get cracking now on this years Christmas cards.

hugs Bev x

Sugar Mama said...

Hi Helen
What a gorgeously sweet card!
Thanks so much for joining the first challenge from The Sugar Bowl!
Happy New Year
Sugar Mama x

Cathy said...

Fab card Helen - I love that snowman. Great use of embossing (feeling the need to buy!)
Hugs
Cathy xx

Pauline C said...

Fab card Helen - I too love that snowman image .. i only own Xmas Sugar Nellies so I was wondering whether I should get into doing a Christmas card for that challenge LOL!! Beautiful colouring and v imagainative use of "non-Christmas" stash!
Pauline x

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Lovely card Helen and I love that snowman. he is brilliant! Great colour scheme! Thanks for joining us on Sugar Bowl.
Judy x

Lorraine Robertson said...

Great card Helen & well done getting an early start on next year... I'm going to do my best to start early too..

Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx