Saturday 20 September 2008

Cute Card Thursday meets Friday Sketchers


This is the first time I've made a card for the Cute Card Thursday Challenge blog, but as the theme this week was food...how could I resist! I've combined it with the fab sketch this week by Kristine over on Friday Sketchers.

For my main image I've used a Penny Black stamp from the T for Transparent set 'Party Critters'. The other cupcakes and the sentiment stamp are from the 'Cupcake' Clear Design set by Hero Arts. All images were coloured with watercolour pencils, with the frosting on the cupcakes highlighted with glitter glue, and mounted using Nestabilities. The papers are by DCWV ('Christmas Stack'), and I've used faux-stitching to create borders around the different designs, and behind the three smaller images.

I've just seen that I've been tagged by Pauline ...need to have a think before I post my answers...

16 comments:

  1. Helen this is gorgeous. I love the faux stitching and all the glitter. great interpreatation of the sketch.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Totally yummy! I nearly used this stamp myself for CCT but swerved it at the last minute and used a mouse in a box of chocs instead ;-) Love those little cupcakes though!
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the sparkle. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet image you have used and its a beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmhm..Fantastic! Love it! Also the muffin...laugh...
    Lg Anke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Helen, love the stitching and those cupcakes look fab. Great papers and image. Jillix

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card! Real good job on both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card!! Your interpretation of the sketch is fabulous (love the stitching) and that image is so cute!! :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card, I love rthe image and such delicate stitching!

    Mrs Wonka

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy!!
    This card is so sweet!
    Thanks for joining the FS this week and for using my sketch!
    Hugs
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this!! Love your image and You've coloured it perfectly! bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Cute image! Love the colours you used!
    Els
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Helen, thanks for stopping by on my blog. I adore this card, the cupcakes are fabby!.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x