Monday 17 June 2024

Dad's the Word

Today I'm sharing the card I made for my Dad for Father's day. It features a cute stamp that I found in a charity shop a little while ago, called 'Dad's the Word' by Lili of the Valley. I stamped it on to watercolour paper, then coloured it using watercolour pencils. The papers are from the 'Fresh Florals' pad by Craft Sensations...I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen before layering it all on to a kraft card blank.


Challenges for this card:

I also made a simple gift tag for my Dad's present...using a cute Penny Blac chicken stamp called 'Present Pile'. I stamped it on to a snippet of watercolour paper, coloured it using watercolour pencils, then carefully cut him out. I heat embossed a chicken wire background stamp (by Darkroom Door) on to a kraft luggage tag using silver embossing powder, added the chicken on top using 3D foam pads, then tied it all together using some red baker's twine.


10 comments:

  1. lovely card Helen, that image is just so cute and perfect for our challenge.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colour choices for this fab card. Lili of the Valley images are a go-to for cute, male cards. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! I love it...that stitching really finishes your card off perfectly!! Thanks for play along with our "Father's Day" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz...I am sure your card made some dad smile!!
    Deb Horst, DT #C4G349

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute card. I love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wonderful and I love the background layout. Thanks for taking part at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks also for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweetie he is! Glad he as a new home.
    LOve your colours and design.
    Thank you for sharing him with us at Crafty Catz.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card Helen, sweet image and lovely design. Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helen, awww that's such a sweet image - and who doesn't love a Lili of the Valley stamp - and a great card. Fabulous tag as well! Thanks for joining in with us this fortnight at Sweet Stampin' - Sarah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x