Sunday 5 February 2023

Guest Designer - We Love Stamping


Today I'm sharing another Guest Designer card, this time for the We Love Stamping Challenge, where the theme for this month's challenge is:

'Anything Stamped'
(Optional 'Add a Stencil')

I have a few stencils...but hardly ever think to use them, so this was the 'kick up the bum' I needed! The stencil I picked is called 'Bones' by Funky Fossil. I laid the stencil over a kraft card blank, then used masking tape to create a strip across the middle, then sponged white pigment ink through the stencil. Once dry, I used it as a background for a cute Whipper Snapper pup called 'Birthday Beagle'. I stamped him on to watercolour paper, coloured him using watercolour pencils, then carefully cut him out...adding him over the top of the stencilled background using 3D foam pads. The sentiment is from the 'Birthday Buddies' set by Paper Smooches.  


For more inspiration from the fabulous Design Team, and all of the details of this month's wonderful prize, please pop over to the We Love Stamping Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing your work on Kraft Helen, in fact you inspired me to us for my Allsorts card yesterday.

    White really works so well on it and your card for We Love Stamping showcases perfectly, thank you so much for being our Guest Designer for February.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so lovely, you always do Kraft so well. Thanks for being our GDT at We Love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Helen, and I love your stencil.
    Congratulations on your GDT spot too
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the we love stamping design team, it is so nice to have you with us this month. I love your card too, such a great CAS style and brilliant use of the stencil. That white pigment ink works perfectly with the kraft card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being Guest Designer, Helen! You have tickled my critter-loving funny bone with this adorable design! I never remember to use my stencils either, so thank you for showing me how cool it looks when you use white ink, especially on kraft! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for being our GD at We Love Stamping. Your card is so cute with that doggie, love your use of the stencil, it's creative and looks great in white on kraft!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x