Friday 9 December 2022

Winter Village

A couple of month's ago, I picked up a '3D' stamp by Spellbiners in a charity shop, and whilst I liked my first attempt at using it, I wanted to try out some other techniques. Last weekend I was using my WOW 'Midnight Dream' embossing glitter (making this card) and wondered whether the 3D effect would work with that, so gave it a try. I can confirm that it does work...although the effect is much more obvious in real life! It's super sparkly, so difficult to photograph, but I think you can just about see the darker silhouette of the trees (more densely covered with embossing glitter) against the lighter sky. I distressed the edges of the panel, then matted it on to some navy card before adding to a white card blank. I couldn't decide where I wanted the sentimet to go, so in the end didn't bother!


Challenges for this card:

2 comments:

  1. Amazing card! By looking at your card I just feel like I´m standing in the midst of a snow storm. It´s so stunning. Wonderful stamp and a great transformation of the theme "winter is coming to town".
    Thanks a lot for sharing your gorgeous card with the Everybody-Art-Challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card.Thank you for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door this month. Happy Holidays. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x