'H is for Hand Drawn'
'I is for Inside'
There are a couple of fab prizes on offer from Lynda for two lucky winners:
I made a set of four cards for the 'Hand Drawn' theme...each one featuring a slightly differently decorated Christmas tree. I started by masking a triangle/tree shape on watercolour paper using masking tape, then used watercolour paints to colour the 'tree' shapes. Once dry, I used a black gel pen to draw some decorations on the trees, then coloured them in using a gold gel pen. I added a sentiment (from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous), then doodled a simple border before adding the panels to some kraft card blanks.
Challenges for these cards:
- Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp (Wednesdays) - Anything Goes
- Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
I can't remember the last time I decorated the inside of card...so I thought I'd do that for my 'Inside' card...although feel free to interpret the theme in any way you choose. I picked a couple of Penny Black stamps...one from the 'Joy to the World' set for the outside, and a little pup from the 'Cristmas Critters' set for the inside. I stamped directly on to a kraft card blank, then coloured the images using watercolour pencils.
Here's the inside...the little pup along with my sentiment:
Challenges for this card:
- AAA Cards - Made in Minutes
- Crafty Catz - Anything Goes (Optional 'Kraft')
- Gem of a Challenge - Anything Goes
- Less is More - One Layer Card No Sentiment (am hoping you just meant on the outside!)
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.