'Y is for Your Favourite Thing'
'Z is for Zero Embellishments'
Our sponsor for this challenge is Crafty Ribbons
Prize - £10 Voucher for the Crafty Ribbons store!
There's also a little prize from Carol:
I used several of my favourite things on my first card...a Penny Black image (this cute pup is from the 'Wintertime Cheer' set), My Mind's Eye papers (these are from a really old pad called 'Wonderful Winter'), and a favourite techinque...faux stitching (using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen). I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, added some light distressing to all of the layers, a snowflake (cut using a Tim Holtz die) which I coated with some sparkle, and a piece of green Card Candi (by Craftwork Cards).
For my 'Zero Embellishments' card, I went completely flat...making a one layer card using a Uniko Stamp called 'Block Party Christmas'. I stamped it on to a kraft card blank using a white pigment inkpad, then heat embossed it using white embossing powder. I added a touch of colour to some of the elements of the stamp using watercolour pencils.
Challenges for these cards:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Goes (First card only)
- Animal Friends - Anything Goes (First card only)
- City Crafter - Santa Claus (Second card only)
- Crafty Catz - Anything Goes (Optional 'Too Cute' - first card only)
- Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
- Holly & the Ivy - Anything Christmas Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
- Love to Scrap - Season's Greetings
- My Time to Craft - One Layer Card CAS (Second Card only)
- Simon Says Stamp (Wednesdays) - Anything Goes
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.