Sunday 19 August 2018

Pile It On! Challenge - Try a New (To You) Technique and/or Use Your Oldest Stash

I'm back with some more inspiration for this month's Pile It On! Challenge...where the themes are:

'Try a New-to-you Technique'
and/or
'Use Your Oldest Stash'

Our sponsor this month is Becky's Place:
Prize - a digital stamp set of the winner's choice!

I tried a new (to me) stamping technique that I saw on one of Jennifer Maguire's YouTube videos...where I stamped a couple of different background stamps ('Magical' and 'Zig Zag' by Hero Arts) using Distress Inks (Mowed Lawn and Mermaid Lagoon) on the corners of a piece of plain white card to make a patchwork effect background. To make it look even more like patchwork, I added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. I decided to combine the themes, and picked one of my oldest Penny Black stamps (called 'Beehave!!')...I can't remember exactly how long how I've had this stamp, but I definitely had it before I started blogging, so that's at least 10 years! I coloured it using watercolour pencils, added a sentiment (by Stampendous), then doodled a simple border.


Here are the challenges I've piled on:


For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Pile It On! Challenge.

11 comments:

  1. what a super cute image!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at sparkles monthly!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen what a lovely card I really like the background and stitch effect and super cute image,thanks for joining us here at Penny's paper crafty challenge blog Lyn DT x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thanks for joining us at the CraftaholicsRus challenge this week. Follow me at http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stamped background! Adorble image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparles Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great coloring, and love the background stamps! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card.Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
    Aud Sentiments
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet and cute card. Thank you so much for sharing with us over at Polkadoodles Challenge. Good luck!
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this link. Not sure about the Linky on cceestampers but so glad you stopped by and played along. This is such a cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet. I really love your colouring.
    Thanks for joining us in our week 33 Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles

    Hayley x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely beautiful...thank you for sharing with us over at AUD SENTIMENTS ,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x