Friday 22 June 2018

Stitched Cake

I have a simple little birthday card to share today...featuring an older Hero Arts stamp called 'Stitched Cake', that I picked up recently in a charity shop. I coloured it using watercolour pencils, then found a (sort of) matching snippet of paper (from the My Mind's Eye 'Happy Day' pad) to go with it. I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Handwritten Borders' set by Simon Says Stamp.


Challenges for this card:


5 comments:

  1. Great card Helen - that stamp sure was a find! And I love the bold paper you used. Perfect, as always!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very happy birthday card. The colors I think do that, good job putting it together. Thanks for that tip on faux stitching. Thanks for sharing and being a friend of Seize the Birthday challenge.
    Barbara Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful faux stitching.A great card.Thanks for playing along with us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
    Shylaa DT@Polkadoodles
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card,great coloring and awesome design...thank you for joining us at AUD SENTIMENTS challenge this week,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x