Saturday 22 April 2017

Crazy Dogs

I a set of 'Crazy Dog' cards to share today...I couldn't decide which one to choose, so I used them all! I made six brightly coloured watercolour backgrounds using Distress Inks, mixing two colours on each one - I've listed the colours used underneath the images below. I started by adding a couple of layers of each of the colours...drying with my heatgun in between each addition...then added splashes of the inks, and plain water to create some more texture. I trimmed the panels down, added a simple border using a black gel pen, and mounted them on to my card blanks using 3D foam. I coloured all of the dogs using watercolour pencils, then carefully cut them out. I cut some speech bubbles using Craft Asylum/Sizzix Thinlits dies, and stamped a sentiment (from the 'Big Sentiments' set by Paula Pascual), then added the dogs and sentiments to their backgrounds using foam pads.

(Fired Brick & Festive Berries - Stormy Sky & Chipped Sapphire)

(Broken China & Peacock Feathers - Lucky Clover & Mowed Lawn)

(Spiced Marmalade & Wild Honey - Picked Raspberry & Wilted Violet)

Challenges for these cards:

10 comments:

  1. Love these! Managed to resist buying these dogs so far but I can see how you'd have a problem picking a favourite they are all great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used these dogs to create some amazing birthday cards. The backgrounds you created are awesome! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, gorgeous card, Helen. Love the backgrounds! Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards and the background is fab. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Helen…. You have made a beautiful set of crazy dog cards…. I love them all and these dogs certainly make me smile. Thanks for entering them into the ‘Anything Goes’ challenge at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw and we would love you to join us again for our next challenge.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great set of cards - love how you have coloured the dogs, so cute!!! Thanks for joining our Polkadoodles Paper Crafting Challenge, hugs, Carol DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, these dogs always make me smile. Thank you for joining in the challenge on The Artistic Stampers blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I love these crazy dogs so much! What a fabulous set of cards. :-) Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh i love the dogs. They make a great set of cards
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable thank you so much for playing along with us this time hope to see you again soon
    Polkadoodles
    Jacki (PD DT) ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x