Thursday, 4 June 2009

Handbag Charm

I'm sure most of you know by now, I'm a challenge addict...I find them a great inspiration for my card-making. I also dabble with jewellery making...and whilst browsing various websites yesterday, came across a Jewellery Challenge blog...I really don't know why I hadn't thought to look for one before! lol

Their current challenge uses this photo as inspiration:


I've created a handbag charm, and used both the colours, and the butterfly as inspiration. I've attached a mixture of amber and brown coloured glass beads to a chain using headpins, and finished it off with a butterfly charm at the bottom.


I really enjoy beading...I find it really relaxing...and I must try to find more time to do it. I'll definitely be joining in with this challenge again!

8 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Helen this is Super, I wish I could look at the things around me and get such wonderful inspiration. Love it. Hugs Avril xx

Sue Moone said...

Wow, love the way you have interpreted this, it's gorgeous. sue x

cats whiskers said...

This is super dear how clever are you sweetie
Hugs Jacqui x

Pauline C said...

Wow Helen this is gorgeous - beautiful colours and so clever .... I can't even manage to open and close a jump ring without nearly taking my fingernail off so I'm very impressed!
Pauline x

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Helen! I love beading too but haven't done any for ages....

Hugs
Carol x

craft mad Jenny said...

ooh, so cute, really lovely piece,

jenny

tiggertastic said...

amazing work i love the way you have picked out the colours.

thanks for playing along

Sarah x

Samantha said...

Helen as always your stuff is beautiful! this is not just beautiful its FANTATIC too! I love your colours and you have really taken the picture and used it to the full!! colours and the butterfly! thanks for posting this on your blog I have added myself to their blog too! te ehhehe :0)