As it's the first day of a new month, I'm sharing my desk calendar page for October today. Despite the unseasonably warm weather we're currently experiencing here in London, I couldn't resist getting out my Penny Black Halloween stamps, and picked a cute cat image from the 'Be Very Scared!' set. I stamped him onto a snippet of watercolour paper, coloured him using watercolour pencils, then used one of circle Nesties to cut him out. For the background, I used snippets of patterned papers from the 'Hocus Pocus' pad from Taylored Expressions...I've had this pad for years, and although it's still going strong, I no longer have any full sheets left, just lots and lots of snippets:
I distressed the edges, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen, before matting it onto a snippet of kraft card and adding it to my desk calendar.
Challenges for this calendar:
- Allsorts - Anything Autumn
- Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
- Creative Inspirations - Hello Autumn
- Gem of a Challenge - Anything Goes
- Inkspirational - Photo Inspiration
- Little Red Wagon - Autumn Colours
- Pixie's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets
- Simon Says Stamp (Wednesdays) - Anything Goes
- Sweet Stampin' - Autumn



So cute Helen!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us at Allsorts!
Very cute in the Autumnal colours and perfect for our Allsorts theme, thanks so much for joining us.
ReplyDeleteB x
A perfect design for your October calendar page, cute image and lovely choice of papers. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Catz and Sweet Stampin' challenges.
ReplyDeleteChris
x
Adorable Hallowe’en themed page for October. Fab!
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse. xxx
Very cute bright and happy calendar page, love the Autumn colours..
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
Luv CHRISSYxx
Great calendar page! Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts challenge and using our theme.
ReplyDelete