Thursday, 13 August 2026

Best Friends

Today's card features a cute Penny Black stamp called 'Best Friends' that I got for my birthday earlier this week. I stamped it onto a piece of watercolour paper, along with a sentiment using a stamp from the 'What This!' set by Anita Jeram for the Colorado Craft Company, then coloured it using watercolour pencils. I paired it with papers from the 'Happy Watercolours' pad from The Works. I distressed the edges, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. I matted the image and bottom layer onto some bright blue card before adding it to a white card blank.


Challenges for this card:

5 comments:

  1. Such a welcoming summery card Helen, many thanks for joining us again at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely bright and cheerful card, adorable images and beautiful colouring.
    Thanks for joining in at we Love Stamping
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful summer card, love those hedgies. Belated Happy Birthday. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great birthday gift and you colored it so beautifully, Helen. Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable image and you showcased it beautifully. I love that your paired them with that fabulous patterned paper, too. So glad you shared this with us at Time Out this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x