Pages

Saturday, 5 September 2026

PBSC September - Anything Goes (Optional 'Use a Die')

It's the first Saturday of the month, so that means it's time for a new Penny Black Saturday Challenge...where the theme is:


'Anything Goes'
or
'Use a Die'

We are currently without a sponsor, so this challenge is just for fun.

I picked a Penny Black die to use on my card, and started by cutting the 'Immense Joy' from a snippet of bright red card. I then used the die to cut the centre of the 'O' from a snippet of white card, then stamped my Penny Black 'Jingle Friends' stamp onto that, then coloured it using watercolour pencils. I made a simple background by embossing a piece of white card using a snowflake embossing folder from Sizzix, then matted it onto a piece of bright red card. I added the die cut on top, inserting the coloured image into the centre of the 'O', then added it to a white card blank.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Helen, what a gorgeous card. I love how you've framed Santa and Rudolph in the 'O'. Thanks for joining Loll and me at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done Helen! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Can You Handle the Pressure Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that's the sweetest little Santa and Rudolph nestled into the big "O". Someday I have to get that die. I just love how this looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SWEET! LOVE the immense Joy and made even better with Santa and Rudolph featured. Great colouring and a lovely design with the snowflake background, Helen. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Kickstart #114 - Reindeer Games!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved those letters. Very cute indeed! 💕Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable!! Your image is super cute and I love how you framed it in the "o" of joy; such a fun touch! Thanks for playing with Creative Moments Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just the sweetest Christmas card Helen! I love this little image and those big words are so lovely to work with. Super cute! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute image, beautifully coloured and it looks great framed by the O, lovely festive card Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. another lovely card Helen, never too early for Christmas.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x